A75 Class A MOSFET Power Amplifier Front End Board
The A75 amplifier is a 1992 design by Nelson Pass and Norman Thagard (a former NASA astronaut, no less!).
The front end provides up to 90V peak-to-peak output with low distortion. It is designed to drive 12 pairs of IRF230/IRP9231 MOSFETs - today, six pairs of IRFP240/IRFP9240 will provide similar characteristics.
- Class A audio power amplifier.
- Designed by Nelson Pass and Norman Thagard.
- 75 Watts per channel.
- All through hole, easy to assemble.
- One board carries front ends for two channels.
- The board closely follows the published design.
- The output stage (MOSFET transistors and their source resistors) needs to be assembled off board.